Beware of Recruitment Fraud
Fake job advertisements are increasingly appearing on the internet and on social media. Following a few steps will help you to identify fake job ads and protect yourself if you suspect a scam.
How to identify a fake job ad:
- If the job offer requires you to pay something then this is certainly a scam.
- A legitimate company will never extend an offer without a personal interview or interaction.
- If you receive an offer for a job you did not apply for it is fake.
- Watch out for badly written emails and be suspicious of any emails not coming from an official company domain for example @ionisph.com.
- Always check the website address to ensure that it is the official url of the company.
- If you found a job on a job board or third party channel, always check on official company channels (website & social media channels) to ensure that the job exists.
- Listen to your instincts, if you suspect it to be a scam, it probably is.
How to protect yourself if you suspect a scam:
- Never give personal and confidential information
- Never pay for anything
- Ignore it
- Report it to the company and the authorities