Sr. Director Project Management
We are seeking a highly accomplished Project Management Leader to be responsible for managing the company’s global Project Management function and to act as the Project Leader.
The Head of Project Management will drive project planning and management activities of our clinical candidate(s) across a matrixed organization. This skilled leader will provide strategic and operational project planning, risk mitigation, team leadership, and lead the coordination of decision-making. Primary responsibility is to ensure the execution of program deliverables are of the highest quality and that they remain on time and on budget.
The Project Management/Program Leader will report to Brian Varnum, President of Armata Pharmaceuticals.
- Leadership/ownership of the Project Management function across the full product development lifecycle, from research and preclinical through clinical and commercialization.
- Collaborate closely with Senior/Executive, Functional Area and day-to-day Management.
- Utilize a variety of project management tools, systems, software and techniques to build and sustain high-performing cross functional teams.
- Build realistic and achievable plans that are in alignment with organizational strategies and key milestones, supporting the team to achieve optimal execution against the plan, and drive resolution of risks, issues, and project impediments.
- Develop and maintain project plans and schedules to an appropriate level of detail, with input from the cross functional project team members.
- Identify and manage risks and issues associated with development programs and projects, as well as cross-project and cross-functional risks and issues.
- Keep Senior/Executive Management informed of project status and progress against plans, as well as emerging issues and risks to project and program success.
- Ensure that all project team members understand project goals, objectives and strategic value, the project plan/schedule, and critical path activities both at their individual/functional level as well as for the overall project.
- Plan and conduct cross-functional team meetings to review, track, and coordinate project activities.
- Drive project execution across functional boundaries. Ensure that activities are carried out according to project timelines, and that deliverables and milestones are met.
- Establish close partnering relationships with team leaders and with the various department heads, including the VP of Operations, VP of Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Operations, Nonclinical, Research, Business Development, Quality Control, etc.
- Coordinate resource planning across projects to ensure that adequate resources are available and assigned to the project.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of project management methodologies, best practices, SOPs, etc.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education and experience or the equivalent.
Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences.
- Experienced in regulatory submissions e.g., IND, CTA
- Strong knowledge of cross functional drug development including Regulatory, Clinical, Nonclinical and Manufacturing
- Proficient in various Project Management tools, software, systems, etc.
- Ability to establish processes in ambiguous environment
- Good organizational skills, detail-oriented & accurate
- Advanced analytical skills
- Direct report/people management experience
- Must be a team player
- Motivated self-starter, strategic thinker, persistent, tactful, and persuasive
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks, and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under time pressure and effectively in a team or matrix environment
- Must be interested and capable of growth and increased responsibility.
7-10 years of experience in project management, business analysis, or managing and/or coordinating domestic and/or international early stage clinical research projects in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Send cover letter and CV to: email@example.com