Research Associate I Research & Development
Armata Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biotechnology company advancing the development of precisely targeted bacteriophage therapeutics for the treatment of drug-resistant bacterial infections.
The Research Associate I position will support the research and development effort by performing in vitro microbiological and associated microbiology/molecular biology testing/analysis. The opportunity also exists to expand into other programs within the development pipeline.
- Carry out microbiological, molecular and biochemical assays in collaboration with scientists and senior associates (Cloning, plasmid DNA purification, E. coli protein expression and purification, MIC, kinetics, drug penetration, anti-biofilm, flow cytometry, cytotoxicity)
- Experience working with production and purification of recombinant proteins and/or antibodies, and analytic assays for characterization (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, residual host cell protein, DNA, RNA, endotoxin)
- Previous experience working with bacteria, mammalian cultures and bacteriophages is a plus
- Develop and optimize new assays as needed
- Conduct semi-high throughput screening
- Process, analyze and organize large data sets
- Perform cross-functional tasks to support product development
- Assist in general upkeep of laboratory and maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Maintain laboratory notebook and accurate records of daily experiments
- Understand and comply with company standard operating procedures and safety procedures
- Read and understand scientific language, literature and publications as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Virology, Biological Sciences, or related scientific field with prior laboratory experience in a lab or research setting
- Demonstrated experience with analytics and characterization of proteins and antibodies (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, residual Host Cell Proteins, ELISA residual endotoxin, residual DNA, HPLC)
- Demonstrated experience with cloning, primer design and PCR, agarose gels, plasmid DNA purification, and use of alignment programs
- Experience working with and maintaining bacteria, mammalian cell culture, and bacteriophages with excellent aseptic techniques
- Familiarity with GMP and working with SOPs is a plus
- Sound understanding of statistics and statistical software to interpret experimental results
- Excellent English communication and reading/writing skills
- Must be reliable, organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision
- Strong team-player and able to work well in small groups and independently
Working Conditions: This is a full-time position for work in a laboratory environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. There is little to no travel required of this position with the exception of required training and possible conference or event attendance.
Position is eligible for performance bonus. Pay is competitive and commensurate with skill set and experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, vacation plan, and 401(k). Consideration for future stock option grants may be available.
Send cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org