About this Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as the Facilities Supervisor. The Facilities Supervisor will act as the key liaison to the department to lead all supply chain activities, manage inventory and equipment orders for our Glencoe and McConnell worksite, ensure that all records are maintained as necessary to satisfy standard operating procedures (SOPs) and good manufacturing practice (GMP) requirements. Additional responsibilities are to lead the project management of all inventory programs at the Armata clinical sites and implement inventory management strategies as well as update the facilities department software programs. The Facilities Supervisor will Coordinate with the purchasing department to ensure that all documentation is completed for proper accounting reconciliation and purchase order reconciliation of all expenses and received materials. Lastly, they will provide necessary training, ongoing coaching, and performance management to direct reports. This is a full-time position reporting to the Facilities Manager.
Job description and technical requirements:
- Familiar with using enterprise resource planning (ESP) software. Plus, licensed power user for Intacct Accounting software
- Responsible for performance and task management for direct reports.
- Support facility maintenance, equipment maintenance and inventory consumables.
- Ensure the schedules and work orders are executed at the proper time.
- Knowledge of domestic and international shipping requirements. Plus, experience with international shipping requirements and working with customs and regulations in a timely manner.
- Maintain backlog files of work orders awaiting scheduling in accordance with priority and requested completion date.
- Complete requisition forms, vendor follow ups, receive, process, and initiate all lab material requests in a timely fashion.
- Interface with multiple lab material suppliers to achieve cost cutting strategies.
- Reconcile inventory list for GMP and non GMP operations.
- Ensure that purchase orders are created and approved in a timely fashion.
- Interface with the Quality Control department to coordinate the release of quarantined GMP materials.
- Interface with the GMP operations team to quarantine and release required production materials.
- Monitor systems to identify performance risks and implement risks reduction strategies.
- Ensure safety needs are given top priority in work planning and scheduling.
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), current good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and all other regulatory requirements are followed.
- Revise SOPs and other controlled documentation as necessary.
- Assist the Facilities Manager by providing refresher training to various departments.
- Be proficient in MS office and demonstrate strong computer software skills.
- Lead project management to determine co-effective measures needed to improve the accuracy of estimating and/or improving methods of doing work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative mindset when working with various departments (Clinical, Product Development, Analytical and non GMP operation)
- Accountable to the manager and the team for facilities performance
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Basic qualification, Highschool Degree and nine (9) years of facility maintenance experience.
- At least five (5) years of experience supervising staff.
- A minimum of five (5) years of maintenance experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company with direct experience of GMP requirements for facility operations.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the current code of Federal Regulations (CFRs) and Current Good Manufacturing practices (cGMP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sufficient understanding of process, systems, and equipment to troubleshoot problems and provide solutions to management.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and work under time constraints.
- Must have a strong work ethic and demonstrate dependability and timeliness.
- Self-starter with superior analysis and problem-solving skills and illustrates the ability to work with minimal supervision. Strong team-player and able to work well in small groups.
Physical Working Conditions:
This is a full– time position for work in a laboratory environment. The position requires wearing personal protective equipment. Occasionally, may require lifting or moving equipment up to 20 pounds and may require standing for extended durations throughout the day. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be offered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. There is little to no travel required of this position, with the exception of required training and possible conference or event attendance.
About Armata Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Armata is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the development of precisely targeted bacteriophage therapeutics for the treatment of antibiotic-resistant infections using its proprietary bacteriophage-based technology. Armata is developing and advancing a broad pipeline of natural and synthetic phage candidates, including clinical candidates for Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, and other pathogens. In addition, in collaboration with Merck, known as MSD outside of the United States and Canada, Armata is developing proprietary synthetic phage candidates to target an undisclosed infectious disease agent. Armata is committed to advancing phage with drug development expertise that spans bench to clinic including in-house phage specific GMP manufacturing.
Pay: $95,000 – $120,000 – per year
Send cover letter and CV to: email@example.com