Process Engineer Process Development
Armata Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biotechnology company advancing the development of precisely targeted bacteriophage therapeutics for the treatment of drug-resistant bacterial infections.
The Process Engineer will support process development and manufacturing by identifying, procuring, and implementing manufacturing equipment required to produce bacteriophage drug products. Additionally, the Process Engineer will lead initiatives to improve the efficiency and reliability of existing processes.
- Identify, recommend, and coordinate implementation of process equipment utilized in both upstream fermentation and downstream purification of bacteriophage drug products
- Write and coordinate execution of installation qualification (IQ), operational qualification (OQ), and performance qualification (PQ) protocols
- Support the technology transfer of manufacturing processes from Product Development to GMP manufacturing
- Lead efforts to optimize or troubleshoot process equipment or equipment operating procedures
- Draft operating and maintenance procedures for process equipment
- Coordinate preventative maintenance and unscheduled repair of process equipment
- Mange third party vendors and service providers
- Identify, procure, and maintain inventory of critical spare parts
- Understand and comply with company standard operating procedures and safety procedures
- Read and understand scientific language, literature and publications as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline with 3-5 years of pharmaceutical manufacturing or biotechnology process engineering experience
- Experience in bacterial fermentation or cell culture process development
- Familiarity with protein/virus purification techniques (Tangential Flow Filtration, FPLC)
- Familiarity with a variety of pharmaceutical process equipment such as autoclaves, lyophilizers, and spray dryers
- Experience in working with aseptic processes in a GMP environment
- Familiarly with project management tools and experience is contributing effectively in cross function project teams
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting equipment and implementing process improvements
- Excellent English communication and reading/writing skills
- Must be reliable, organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision
- Strong team-player and able to work well in small groups and independently
This is a full-time position for work in a laboratory and GMP manufacturing environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. There is little travel required of this position with the exception of required training and possible conference or event attendance.
Position is salaried and is eligible for performance bonus. Pay is competitive and commensurate with skill set and experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, vacation plan, and 401(k). Consideration for future stock option grants may be available.
Send cover letter and CV to: email@example.com