About this Position:
The Manufacturing Associate will work within a manufacturing team to produce pharmaceutical products in a clean room environment following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
Job description and technical requirements:
- Initiate, setup, and operate production equipment to manufacture pharmaceutical products. Production equipment utilized includes, but is not limited to:
- Pumps and filters
- Tangential flow filtration systems
- FPLC systems
- Small volume liquid fillers
- Plan, initiate, setup, and manufacture bulk quantities of pharmaceutical products in a controlled environment according to production batch records within current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Coordinate with Formulation Group on scale-up and transfer of manufacturing processes
- Review and maintain log books, production records, and associate documents to comply with regulatory requirements, cGMPs, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Clean and sample processing equipment and manufacturing areas according to SOPs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science or engineering field.
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, will consider a minimum of three (3) years closely related experience in a GMP or clean room assembly environment with an Associate Degree or six (6) years closely related experience in a GMP or clean room assembly environment with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized and work independently and in small work groups.
- Must be able to assist in trouble shooting activities and repairs to production equipment.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills, including the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and conversions.
- Detail oriented. Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend, and follow written instructions.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience in a related GMP environment within biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred.
- Must be able to learn and perform basic computer operations such as MS Office and Outlook and other computer-based software
This is a full-time position for work in a laboratory environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. There is little to no travel required of this position, with the exception of required training and possible conference or event attendance.
About Armata Pharmaceuticals, Inc.:
Armata is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the development of precisely targeted bacteriophage therapeutics for the treatment of antibiotic-resistant and difficult-to-treat bacterial infections using its proprietary bacteriophage-based technology. Armata is developing and advancing a broad pipeline of natural and synthetic phage candidates, including clinical candidates for Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, and other pathogens. In addition, in collaboration with Merck, known as MSD outside of the United States and Canada, Armata is developing proprietary synthetic phage candidates to target an undisclosed infectious disease agent. Armata is committed to advancing phage with drug development expertise that spans bench to clinic including in-house phage specific GMP manufacturing.
Send cover letter and CV to: email@example.com