About this Position:
The Laboratory Assistant position will report to the Scientist. The lab assistant will provide general laboratory assistance to support the advancement of Armata’s bacteriophage pipeline programs. Duties will include preparation, restocking and maintenance of media, buffers and agar plates. Other duties include cleaning and sterilizing glassware, managing inventory and ordering laboratory supplies.
Job description and technical requirements:
- Preparation, restocking and maintenance of a variety of complex culture media, agar plates, buffers and stock solutions
- Maintenance and organization of bacterial and bacteriophage cultures, including pathogenic strains
- Support managerial lab duties including ordering lab supplies, inventory tracking and storage to ensure adequate supply
- Support shipping and receiving personnel for daily/weekly delivery of lab consumables
- Chemical inventory organization and storage
- Troubleshoot equipment and work with service technicians to resolve issues
- Maintain calibration schedules
- Maintain document log books and associated equipment documents
- Clean, organize and maintain work area, glassware and laboratory equipment
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS/BA in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, or related field with prior laboratory experience in a lab or significant coursework in a laboratory science.
- Working knowledge of basic chemistry and bacterial/cell culture techniques
- Familiar with general laboratory equipment, including use of pipettes, centrifuges, pH meter and analytical balance, is desirable
- Knowledge and practice of aseptic techniques
- Understanding of safe work practices
- Has a positive attitude and able to take direction from senior employees
- Team player and ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Effective time management and organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to prioritize and work independently
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to commit to at least one year
This is a full-time position for work in a laboratory environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. There is little to no travel required of this position, with the exception of required training and possible conference or event attendance.
About Armata Pharmaceuticals, Inc.:
Armata is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the development of precisely targeted bacteriophage therapeutics for the treatment of antibiotic-resistant and difficult-to-treat bacterial infections using its proprietary bacteriophage-based technology. Armata is developing and advancing a broad pipeline of natural and synthetic phage candidates, including clinical candidates for Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, and other pathogens. In addition, in collaboration with Merck, known as MSD outside of the United States and Canada, Armata is developing proprietary synthetic phage candidates to target an undisclosed infectious disease agent. Armata is committed to advancing phage with drug development expertise that spans bench to clinic including in-house phage specific GMP manufacturing.
Send cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org